“How to Be Jason Bourne: Multiple Passports, Swiss Banking, and Crossing Borders”
Posted: 25 March 2009 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Welcome
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2008-06-06

I actually had a plan mapped out like this a couple of years back. I spent several months researching different ways of getting a second passport legally, from the dubious Dominican Republic option, to the St. Kitts & Nevis, to the higher end Austrian passport. There are a few problems with it that could easily compromise all of the work involved:

1. The USA forces a lockdown on the country, no American citizens come or go. The US Government makes it a point to go after people who have money but don’t have connections to the elites currently running the country. They have done this before but they have never gone all out, partially because of a lack of manpower. If they are hurting for capital then they will bleed anyone they can find dry.

2. You’re entire safety net of the passport relies on your host country not bending to the will of the US government. The country that believes it owns us deals in regime change on a regular basis. They will cave as soon as it is more profitable to give up the rich foreigners to the mercy of the home countries. Former British and Spanish colonial countries have a rich tradition of screwing over people who tried to free themselves this way when the program becomes too popular and draws too much attention. That it would ever be mentioned in public implies something right off the bat.

3. With your banking assets, you’d obviously have to spread the money around, because some of your bankers may not be willing to part with the cash you put into their secret accounts. What results you get are obviously heavily dependant on what country you do business in. If your bank has a branch in the US, UK, ect, then you would want to skip it because the government can place pressure on that branch to get the foreign bank to fold.

4. All of the above points bring me to this point. With the worlds political and economic boundries changing, you would need several passports and several bank accounts to be safe. The idea he is mentioning is at least 20 years old and because of the economic instability it’s being brought out into the open.

The option requires that you stay highly mobile and aware of any problems in your host countries. The other option a lot of people seem to be looking towards is more defensive and revolves around creating communities, which all of you already know about. It’s very curious, the future used to seem very scary to me. Now it that we’re in the future all of the life changing events have the feeling of dull monotony. Nothing is out of the ordinary anymore.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2009/03/03/how-to-be-jason-bourne-multiple-passports-swiss-banking-and-crossing-borders/

How to Be Jason Bourne: Multiple Passports, Swiss Banking, and Crossing Borders 227 Comments

Written by Tim Ferriss Topics: Geoarbitrage, Investing, Mini-retirements, Travel

Is it possible to become invisible without breaking the law? (Photo: gravitywave)

LOS ANGELES, MID-JUNE 2008

Sitting on a plush couch in the neon-infused nightclub, I asked again:

“What’s it about?”

Neil Strauss glanced around and looked nervous, which I found strange. After all, we’d known each other for close to two years now. In fact, he was – as New York Times bestselling author of The Game and others – one of the first people to see the proposal for The 4-Hour Workweek and offer me encouragement.

“C’mon, dude, give me a break. Don’t you trust me?”

“Guilt. That’s good. Use guilt,” Neil said. But the Woody Allen approach wasn’t working.

“I can’t let the meme out early” he said, “I trust you—I’m just paranoid,” he offered to no one in particular as he downed another RedBull. So I fired a shot in the dark.

“What, are you writing about the 5 Flags or something?”

Neil’s heart skipped a beat and he stared at me for several long seconds. He was stunned.

“What do you know about the 5 Flags?”

I was in.
The 5 Flags

Neil’s new book, Emergency, teaches you how to become Jason Bourne.

Multiple passports, moving assets, lock-picking, escape and evasion, foraging, even how to cross borders without detection (one preferred location: McAllen, Texas, page 390)–it’s a veritable encyclopedia of for those who want to disappear or become lawsuit-proof global citizens…

I proofread the book months ago, and it’s been torture to keep some of the content from you, as I find the topics endlessly fascinating. For example, let’s take the concept of “geoarbitrage” to it’s natural but extreme extension: The 5 Flags. I was first introduced to the 5 Flags approach by a deca-millionaire in San Francisco, but here is Neil’s explanation:

“The way to break free of nationality, according to Schultz’s pamphlet, was to follow a three-flag system. The three flags consist of having a second passport, a safe location for your assets in another country, and a legal address in a tax haven. To these, Hill added a fourth and fifth flag: an additional country as a business base and a number of what he called ‘playground countries’ in which to spend leisure time.”

I never implemented the 5 Flags, but I fantasized about getting a second passport and the infinite options it could provide. Neil actually went out and did it.
... Cont at link

Signature 

As long as you don’t quit or die, you don’t fail.

Whatever doesn’t work 100 percent of the time needs to be fine tuned, if it can’t be fine tuned then it needs to be dropped

Posted: 30 March 2009 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Welcome
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2008-06-06

Also, if anyone is curious to hear a bit more in favor of the “Jason Bourne” way, check out “The Sovereign Individual” by James Dale Davidson & Lord William Rees-Mogg. It was written back in 1997 and did a good job of outlining this well before it was so popular. The power of the Nation-States over currency and travel still hasn’t decreased enough to create the world that they outlined.

Signature 

As long as you don’t quit or die, you don’t fail.

Whatever doesn’t work 100 percent of the time needs to be fine tuned, if it can’t be fine tuned then it needs to be dropped